- Lead with language: Want to get ahead? Better talk like it. Here are 6 ways to talk like a leader.
- It could've been me: I weighed in over the weekend on the rhetorical tactic of taking on another's persona when you speak, using President Obama's remarks on Trayvon Martin to share 4 lessons for speakers.
- Well met? New data on meetings suggests that we're having them less often in conference rooms--and that women attend more of them.
- TED tryouts: Yes, you can be a speaker at TED 2014. Submit a video to qualify for the live tryouts coming up this fall in New York City.
- Be the first to know: Not yet shared on Facebook is my next workshop for speakers, The Keys to Confident Public Speaking. This half-day session on October 17 includes lunch and will let you learn and test-drive new tactics and information on how to keep your fears in check and your confidence on display. There's a great discount if you register early! I hope to see you there. Can't attend? Let me know if I can bring the workshop to your next conference, or to your workplace.
- About the quote: From our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers, some guidance from Dale Carnegie.
Monday, July 22, 2013
If you're a fan of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook, you see these good reads, resources and ideas from