- A recorder, in every sense: In Amplifying Voices, a female conference scribe says, "When every speaker on stage is a white guy, doing sketchnotes of what they're saying looks like betrayal."
- Getting women on the program: The Articulate network on Lanyrd, a social media site for conference attendees and speakers, hopes to raise the visibility of women speakers in the tech and creative industries.
- Your real audience: The great Rosabeth Moss Kanter writes in Harvard Business Review about every leader's real audience. Wise words to keep in mind.
- Practicing with notes? This article suggests you erase your notes to remember them better. Anyone brave enough to try this?
- Workshops coming: I'm leading two more sessions of Be The Eloquent Woman, my one-day workshop to help you subvert expectations of women speakers with content, confidence and credibility: In Oxford, UK, on 2 April, and in Washington, DC, on 15 May. Register at the links and grab a discount in DC if you register by 11 April.
- About the quote: If there's a theme song for The Eloquent Woman, it might be Sara Bareilles's Brave.This piece of the lyric is on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: