- Seeing is believing? Eye contact is an important part of connecting with your audience, whether you are speaking 1:1 or to a crowd. But how long is too long? Research shares what makes us uncomfortable...
- #AskAboutWomen is a new hashtag effort to change this situation: In the U.S., women make up half the electorate, but are represented in just one percent of the questions posed to the candidates. You know what to do, eloquent women!
- Stand up, sisters: Quartz interviewed me on ways women can stand up verbally to what they're calling "the office Trump."
- Negotiation smarts: You know I recommend meditation for public speakers. But it's also a secret superpower for negotiating.
- Did you miss? This week, the blog asked What does your more evolved, future speaker self look like? and Famous Speech Friday shared Billie Jean King's speech at the FIFA women's conference.
- About the quote: A master of language, Toni Morrison reminds us of its power. Find more quotes like this one on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, September 26, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: